Sunday, February 22, 2009

a first for me.......

well today was an very unusual day at dv, I enjoyed the beginning part of the lesson because it was a little humerous with getting to "draw" people... this is fun because I'm not a great artist but it was funny and the kids picked who I drew...... anyhow the lesson was ok ... not our best and not our worst.... but when we did our large group activity is when it got really interesting and was a first for me.... the kids had to get into groups, sit down, then the first to answer a question or the first to stand up with the correct answer, won... that round.... well after a couple of times getting into the groups, we separated, into boys / girl groups....now it was interesting.. it just so happened that we had a visitor who was sitting on the girl side and a couple of the boys said that he, was sitting over with the girls.... well I took liberty to assure the group that it was ok because he, was a visitor, and that if, that was where he wanted to sit, it was ok.. and the kids kinda started making a big deal and I said it was ok..... so we moved on with the game and that was the last round.... and after the girls were telling me that the visitor was not a he, but was a she!!...... ok, I felt really bad because this little girl didn't not look anything but, a boy! and I was totally calling her a boy! .... so I didn't know where to go but out of the room... I talked with our Senior Pastor and we agreed that it was just best to apologize to the little girl and leave it at that.... so that is what I did and that is why that was a first for me.

1 comment:

unseeableroute said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. And we all hurt someone's feelings, at different times in our lives. Whether intentional or on purpose. The most important thing is that we learn. Love ya